Sylvain Derne, a young journalist involved in the whole debates dealing with Caledonian society, investigates the aspirations of the youth which have chosen ‘exile’ in order to pursue their studies.
He interviews the representatives of different cultures who exchange their point of view and their new forecasts for the future of New Caledonia.
Thus, six students share their plans for the future, while taking a look on their Oceanian culture, as a result of their current life in Western society.
Finally the students’ reflections anticipate the political times of 2014-2018, the awaited period of the independence referendum from France.
– The Best Pitch at the Festival International du Film Documentaire Océanien, Tahiti (French Polynesia), 2012
– Pacifique NC 1ère Award, Festival International des peuples Ânûû-rû Âboro, Pwêêdi Wiimîâ (New Caledonia), 2012
– Festival International du Film Documentaire Océanien, Tahiti (French Polynesia), 2013
– Rochefort Pacifique Festival, Rochefort (France), 2013
– World Oceania Film Festival, Suva (Fidji), 2013
– Festival International du Film Insulaire, Ile de Groix (France), 2013
– The Antipodes Festival, Saint-Tropez (France), 2013
– Festival Régional et International du Cinéma, Guadeloupe (Caribbean), 2014
– DocWeek Film Festival, Adelaïde (Australia), 2014
– Les Arts Tissent l’Outre-Mer Festival, Aix-en-Povence (France), 2015